NCC Proposes New Numbering Plan by 2050
The Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) has proposed a new national numbering plan in readiness for modern technologies in the telecommunication industry in the next 39 years. The aim of the commission is to ;
- Facilitate the introduction and development of innovatives and services.
- To promote efficiency in the allocation of the scarce national resource.
- Improve competition among telecommunication provider.
- Provides a uniform procedure for local calls,national long distance calls, international calls, emergency and special services.
- To allocate a unique national number to each subscriber connected to the national telephone system.
While highlighting it’s regulatory role, NCC has prepared to ensure that 500million Nigerians are interconnected by 2050 in a bid to improve the growth of the telecommunication system.